/* */

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Curve Structure

WireMesh

Started by constructing a mesh from nurbs curves that follow the profile of the models shape. Once the horizontal curves have been positioned, they can be connected vertically using an EP curve. In order to add extra edgeloops I have cut each curve where they intersect. Now if I want to add an extra edgeloop inbetween two existing loops I can rebuild the curve and enter the desired amount of spans to be input this divides the curve, and automatically inserts a knot in the optimum position to maintain tangency.


From above I can look down the wire model and adjust the vertices and edit points to achieve a nice falloff between contours. At this stage I still have a lot of control over how the mesh will finally appear and can really work at achieving a nice and smooth interpolation. Once I am happy with the positioning of the horizontal contours I can begin connecting with the EP curve tool holding down "V" key to snap to the edit points. The curve will appear with tangency automatically maintained so the curves are smooth and contigeous - perfect for what I am after.    

No comments:

Post a Comment