/* */

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Rig Testing

Completed building the rig and skinned it to the geometry. Started pulling controls about to get an idea of the weight painting task, and discovered a major issue with the spline neck. Whenever I move any of the controllers, the neck seems to pinch-in on itself as above.

I've had a bit of a play in a new file to try and figure out the problem, after a bit of investigating it seems apparent i've oriented some of the joints the opposite direction in Y. I recall doing it, and thought at the time it was the right thing to do.

I've tried removing the spline IK, and re-orienting it, to try minimise the amount of work i'll have to do, but that hasn't worked - I keep getting that "Warning - skipped joint" in blue. Looked this up on the internet, as far as I can gather, its because of the IK. Having detached the IK and spline, it still wont orient properly, so I think I may have to bite the bullet and re-do it.

Oh well, could do with the practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment